Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Why so blue, you?

Paint wash, immersion
in a matt blue emulsion.
Coloured in a thick coat of
melancholy that drips
Off
my skin, in big blue splotches
(Splatter),
And pollutes.
Scourging off
The bright until I am
Blue.
Inside-out & Outside-in
one solid hue.

Fumes intoxicate and
penetrate into
The Personal and
The Private.
no hidden agenda,
I wish I had one concealed,
not interfered with thus
and diluted.
Such a rude interruption,
Tea party gone astray.
Now it’s blue too.

Ultramarine pigment,
Powdered and ground into
Dust
Wave after wave after wave
Of allergies hit and
settle comfortably.
Please, go away,
My uninvited houseguests in
Blue.
This shade isn’t welcome,
And neither are you.

7 comments:

Maryam said...

Aap bohat pyara likhti hain. Mera pyara sa dil bhi le lein <3

Anonymous said...

You didn't write that on your own, Sanaa J?

Or did you?

It was. Just. Perfect. I can hear someone tap the words up and down. Immersion. Emulsion. Neither are. You.

Awesome, woman.

Opinionated Jaahil said...

Yes, I did write it myself Mehreen. Thank you =)

Ali said...

I've said said this about a million times in the past five years that i've known you- you are a writing prodigy. You do yourself a disservice by not writing more often.

It's unfair to those of us who love your work, and want to read it.

neeli said...

that's really cool

Xeb said...

I like it.

Sabba Khawaja said...

wow really well written