Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hello, I am .

I've been walking in the same way as I did
And missing out the cracks in the pavement
And tutting my heel and strutting my feet
"Is there anything I can do for you dear? Is there anyone I could call?
No, and thank you, please madam, I ain't lost, just wandering"



Everyone loves a sad story with a happy ending. Everyone loves it when things suddenly turn around, with some lucky twist of fate and all is forgiven, forgotten. It's all in the past, lost to present happiness, into oblivion. A vacuum filled with happy, gooey, warm and cosy. Except that warm and gooey and happy and all those things don't come about in real life. Except in brief bursts that pop like flimsy bubbles from the cheap soapy water they sell outside parks here.

You end up watching excessive amounts of Grey's Anatomy and start sounding like a teenage Meredith Grey going through a midlife crisis at 18. And a weight problem (which makes it slightly Bridget Jones-isque too). Ha.

I ain't lost, just wandering.

2 comments:

Aly said...

grey's is the best that ever happened:)

Maryam said...

"...sounding like a teenage Meredith Grey going through a midlife crisis at 18"

Yes. Yes. Yes.

<3