Friday, February 11, 2011

A friend of mine just turned 19, and her Facebook status is one of the most beautiful, uplifting things I have read in a while. And therefore:

"18, I'll miss you...
I stood on the top of an Italian mountain, galloped on the Mediterranean, graduated, swam in a little black dress, let someone go, became part of a sisterhood, toasted the sunrise on the Atlantic, ran through Times Square, lost a friend, gained many new friends, drank with a stranger, danced in Montreal, and learned what it means to simply be. A very big thank you to being in my life. Much love"

If that isn't beautiful, I don't know what is. And what makes it better is, I did many of the things she did.
So here's a late goodbye to 19 and 2010.  

3 comments:

Sam said...

I love this. :)

Aly said...

Wow, i don't know what to say!

Komal Ali said...

Beautiful, indeed. Lucky too, I'd say.